Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

issues booting up

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
heres the story..

in the afternoon, i was about to switch cpu, i went into bios and setted everything to default. then everything went funny.
it rebooted, then the monitor went black, no picture, after 2 or 3 seconds, the video card fan started going at 100%.
i tried everything, booting up with 1 stick of ram, reconnecting everything, i even switched cpu.

after i switched cpu, it booted up into windows (thank god), after that i restarted, then it happens again, everything powreedup, fans, dvdrom, etc but no screen on the monitor. after like 30 minutes, trying to find a solution. i turned on my computer, and it booted up into windows, after a second, restarts, video card fan goes 100%.

now. im not sure whats the problem. can it be the psu probelm? psu failing?

thanks in advance

pc spes:

e6600
2 gb ddr2-1000 ram
corsair hx520w
360hd
8800gts 320mb

Advertisements

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
i'll make this easier on the eyes.. seems confusing.

when i turn on the pc, only the fans turns on. after 3 seconds the video card fan turns on at 100%, monitor black
after resetting the cmos, i was able to boot up windows and works perfectly fine. but when it resets the same
problem happens again. fan turns on, 3 seconds later video card fan turns on at 100%, monitor black.
no matter what i do, i have to keep constatly rebooting the pc, switching off and on of the powersupply. evencually it turns on.

now what is the issue here? is it the PSU causing the trouble?

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
noone can help? please someone please help. this is important.

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
So as of now you can't even get into the BIOS? I see you tried with one stick. Did you alternate sticks e.g. - try each different stick? In this situation I would suspect the RAM or the board. Make sure you properly applied the thermal compound. But if I understand correctly you had these problems before switching CPUs. What CPU did you have before? What kind of board do you have?

Also bumping your own thread makes it look as though you have already got help.

Edited by Titan8990, 25 July 2007 - 08:14 AM.

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
yeah sorry, i just need help/

it was a e6420, i switched it to a e6600

my motherboard is a asus p5b-deluxe

i setted back everything to default when i went into bios while running with my e6420, and then everything went nuts. not booting up.. etc
i have tried putting 1 stick of ram in every slot and vice versa with the other stick. i even ran memtest to insure that my ram wasnt getting errors.
thats with my e6600

Edited by silencer.dot, 25 July 2007 - 10:21 AM.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Try it without your graphics card. If it works without it then wipe the pins of the card with a dry cloth before reseating it.