Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Developers/designers

• Please log in to reply

burntchips

burntchips

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
http://www.designerv.....K1fKu1M=.aspx

Can u really tell the difference between a developer and a designer strictly from their appearance?

I know that Designer = Presentation. Developer = Everything else. I never noticed it till now, but i recently heard that designers are "metro" and developers as "office slums". Judging by this site, theres quite a few individuals who still fit in this category. :blink:

Being a developer myself, i can understand what they are trying to say. Posted up a picture of myself just to see what becomes of it and already getting feedback that people a guessing me correctly. :whistling:

Edited by burntchips, 24 July 2007 - 12:55 AM.

Advertisements

efilm66

efilm66

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I'm trying to figure out the difference between the two myself... if i am going to hire someone to build a medium-sized website... i guess the size of ratemyprofessor.com... and make the design appealing at the same time... who do i hire? I know I need a programmer... but do all web designers know how to program? Or are they just there to "design" the site... If so, do I hire them first and then send the project to a programmer?

burntchips

burntchips

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
imo theres definitely people out there who can do both designing and coding aspects, and people look to hire them too (its cheaper). but in most cases ull use a designer to design the site than pass it onto the coders to make it work.

my general feedback from the site has been mainly developers, shows about my appearance lol.

efilm66

efilm66

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
thanks~ is there anything to watch out for when first choosing a designer?

burntchips

burntchips

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

thanks~ is there anything to watch out for when first choosing a designer?

lol, who knows. i haven't really developed a theory on how to differentiate the two. but i would have to say.. if their wearing sunnies = designer. :whistling:

u post up a picture of yourself?