Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Motherboard and CPU, New Problem.

• Please log in to reply

Ray112

Ray112

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright I will first start off by showing what my specs are:

CPU: AMD X2 6000+
RAM: Mushkin Extreme Performance Ram (1024mb x2) 4-4-3-10-2t
Motherboard: M2N-E Asus, Socket AM2
Harddrive: 80GB IDE Western Digital, 20 GB IDE Maxtor
Graphics Card: BFG 7900GT OC 256mb
Power Supply: Antec TrueControl 2.0 500W

So I just got new ram, cpu, and motherboard yesterday. After fighting restlessly to find vista drivers I had finally got my new machine up and running. When it was finally time for me to rest I shut down my machine normally and everything was still okay. However, today I turned my PC on and it turned on for roughly 2 seconds, it made a couple of moans and groans and then shut its self off (No it wasnt the ram beep beep noise). So I quickly cracked open the case and everything was plugged-in correctly, next thing led to me unplugging unneccessary or non-necessity hardware components - Secondary Hardrive, DVD-Rom, Floppy - those let it last a little longer about 4 seconds. I then turned off my power bar, pulled the motherboard battery out, and unplugged my stereo from the power bar. When I turned the power bar back on and ran my computer it now runs for about 30 seconds. However the monitor doesn't turn on and I've noticed usually in the first few seconds of turning on a computer it will give a beep that usually turns on monitor, revs the engines, etc... I dont get that noise.

I would greatly appreciate some help with my problem really sucks when you spend 600$ and then you don't get to use it :whistling:.

Advertisements