Can anyone help?
Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:02 PM
Can anyone help?
Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:37 AM
Advanced uninstall and reinstall steps.
1. Go to Start, Control Panel, and then click on Add Remove Programs.
2. Select and uninstall any Studio 9 patches.
3. Now select Studio 9 and click the Change/Remove button. Follow any on-screen instructions to uninstall this software.
4. Download Regdelete from our site. Click here to save it to a location like the desktop.
5. Run Regdelete by double-clicking the icon on the desktop (or wherever you saved it)
6. In the pull down box choose “All products” and hit the clean button. You can then close the window.
7. Delete the following folder. This is the default location for the Studio 9 program:
(Before you follow these steps please go into Studio then Help> view activation keys, either write all these keys down or print the page.)
C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 8
C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Hollywood FX
C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio 9
C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Pixie (double-check this one)
(Some of these folders may not be there depending on your installation)
If you installed Studio 9 onto a drive other than C: or a folder other than the default, delete the folder where you installed Studio 9.
(if you are not having a problem with Invalid Serial numbers or a previous version being detected on install even after it has been removed you can skip the below steps. If you forgot to do this you can go to this page and regenerate them)
7A: Do a search on the hard drive for Pinnacle, Delete any folders you find.
7B: Run Reg delete again, this time select User registration and activation Data,
7C: Go to Start>Search>All files and folders> search for Pixie. If it finds A Pixie folder, make a copy of it, and then delete it.
8. Insert your Studio 9 CD into your CD or DVD drive. The CD should auto launch. If it does not, use Windows Explorer to browse to the CD. In the Setup folder, click on the setup.exe file to begin the installation of Studio 9
9. Download and run the latest update. You can find it here if you have not already downloaded it. We do not recommend installing any of the earlier patches.
Please note that Studio 9 is considered "end of life".
Posted 25 July 2007 - 03:07 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users