Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Randomly back at teh desktop

• Please log in to reply

xcmdvr

xcmdvr

• Pip
  • 4 posts
ooooooooook here we go

Just upgraded to a 8800 gts by evga its the 320mb version...
was using a 6600gt worked great but not up to the task of modern games...
everything appears to work great

...until...

went to play BF2142 and everything loaded great started playing and within 30-45 seconds of playing i find myself staring at the desktop. no error messages no nothing. hmm so its a problem with the game right? nope... happens with every game i have on my comptuer.

this is probably a common problem but i cant find anything on it. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

specs:
intel core duo e6600
1gb ram
evga 8800 gts superclocked 320mb
450watt smart power antec PSU

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Advertisements

xcmdvr

xcmdvr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
BSOD messages have stated the following:

-pfn_list_corrupt
-attempt was made to write to read only memory
-page fault in non paged area

all occured while playing bf2142

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
When you took out your other card did you uninstall the drivers and then reinstall drivers with the new card?

xcmdvr

xcmdvr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes i uninstalled my 6600 drivers turned off the comp took the card out put the 8800 in then started up and installed the latest drivers. i thought it was a driver issue so i installed the previous drivers (158.22) this seemed to work as BF 2142 worked on all lowest settings but as soon as i increased the settings the random exiting happened again. as of now the 158.22 drivers are installed.

xcmdvr

xcmdvr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
ran memtest and it found 3 errors does this mean my ram is dead for sure? or can there be false positives?