Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Moisture

• Please log in to reply

McKnight

McKnight

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I was wondering how much is bad...

I ask because my daughter got out of the shower and decided to dry her hair next to the computer. Now don't get me wrong... it wasn't puddles worth; maybe a drop or two at most, but it did appear to go into the vents.

Not to mention my wife (a few times) has decided to blow on the vents to get the dust out; and I know that some spit probably came out.

Could this possibly damage it? How likely?

I was told that as long as the system is not on it will be fine; however, is turning it off enough, or does/should it be unplugged (the system was not on when these things occured)?

Thanks...

Advertisements

Codeman0013

Codeman0013

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Easiest fix would be to not let her dry her hair next to your computer. Also tell your wife to use a can of compressed air its a lot more efficient and wont do harm to a pc. The moisture shoudlnt be enough to cause a problem but if enough gets in there over time it could possibly degrade the connections a little but i highly doubt what little you got there would cause a problem for you in the future.

McKnight

McKnight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Thanks...