Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to transfer files from ME to Vista?

• Please log in to reply

tvanzee

tvanzee

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I am currently looking to purchase a laptop to replace my current computer (HP Pavilion desktop, Windows ME). However, before making this decision and purchase, I am a little concerned about being able to transfer files from my old system to my new, as some of the methods of transfer I have looked into are not compatible with ME.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on the best products and/or processes to transfer about 9GB of files (mainly image and music files) from my Windows ME desktop to a laptop operating on Windows Vista. Of course, the lower potential expenses, the better!

Thank you, in advance, for your help.

tvanzee

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I would just burn it to DVD and move it across that way, files are files irrespective of the OS their are only a few ways to do it, if its only 9 gigs a few trips on a USB pen would also do the trick.

tvanzee

tvanzee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thank you for the reply and suggestion, however, I am still looking for other options as I do not have a DVD burner on my current system.

Has anyone utilized an online storage/backup service that they would recommend?