Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

forwording email with attachments

• Please log in to reply

dakotapicker

dakotapicker

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
Hello
We have a one year old Dell, and anti-virus, spy-ware, and Ccleaner.
We have NO problem getting email with pics or attachments, BUT we can't always forword them to someone else.
We have foword attachments checked.
I am sure it is just something not checked or?
Thanks

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
hi welcome the geektogo, what server are you using, perhaps another server might work, for example google mail, or yahoo mail or some other. I myself use yahoo mail going on line rather that using outlook express(can't as I am on linux) but the idea is write the mail on the server, uploading the attachment to the server and sending from there. recap, as it may be your computer protection or something that blocked the forwarding directly one does the mail on the server instead

Edited by fleamailman, 28 July 2007 - 01:36 AM.

dakotapicker

dakotapicker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
HI
We have been gettin some email with attachments or pictures from friends. If we get them on MSN, they open fine and can be sent out. BUT, if we get them on Midco we can open them , but can't send them correctly.
Example. We got an email yesterday with pictures with text under the pics. It worked just fine. I sent them from MSN to Midco address and then tried to send them out to other family. They got them with all the text at the top of the page and the pics at the bottom.
What a pain
Thank for any advise.
Paul

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Does the email service you use allow attachments?
Do you have a Antivirus on your system if So what?
What does your antivirus say for the attachment?
Does your email service have a on server antivirus?
What does your email service say about the atachment?

dakotapicker

dakotapicker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
We use Shields anti-virus.
We have the same set up we had a year ago when we bought the new Dell computer . Things just started messing up about a month ago. We have not added or taken away any equipment. I run the Max registry and Ccleaner every day along with Spy bot. This is becoming a real pain.

dakotapicker

dakotapicker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
If we get our email on MSN then we have no problem sending out the attacments or pictures.