Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Paint Program

• Please log in to reply

catpoop

catpoop

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
How do I open my Microsoft Paint Program?

Advertisements

Urk

Urk

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Go to Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint.

Don't expect much. Paint is a pretty weak graphics program. I use adobe photoshop, which is overkill for most home users, but if you like I can ask around about a decent freeware program.

catpoop

catpoop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
The only reason I even need it is so I can take a screen shot for Yahoo messenger to show them exactly the problem I`m having even though my verbal explanation should have been enough.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Print Screen and Paint work just fine, but there are some free programs that will make a Full Screen Capture which includes what you can not see on your screen at the time without scrolling. Screengrab is very easy to use should you need this method. If you use Firefox, there is an extension for it called Screengrab Extension.

Ron

catpoop

catpoop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Is downloading this going to slow down my dialup? I try & avoid downloading too much.They say it`s freebut the bite you somehow.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You don't need to download any of it if Print Screen and Paint will do the job for you. As long as you do not need anything as a screen capture that you would have to scroll to see, then don't download it. It's just a useful utility to get a full capture.

Ron

catpoop

catpoop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Thanx again

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're more then welcome.

Ron

catpoop

catpoop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
This a great forum! I`m spreading the word! :whistling:

Urk

Urk

• Pip
  • 6 posts
So Sayeth Catpoop!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Catpoop, your name makes me laugh everytime I see it. :whistling: I'm glad you've found our site so helpful. Tell all your friends - the more the merrier!

Major Payne, thanks for being such a help to catpoop (and I'm going to check out that Firefox extension!). I know you provided a lot of help with the Yahoo support questions also.

Urk, it looks like you're a new member - welcome to Geeks to Go, and I hope you stick around.

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
I might try that Fx extension too...

Thanks

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Glad to help where I can. I would answer more of the technical questions, but I'm doing a site that has close to 500 pages and I know I can not follow up a post for very long. I hope everyone will check out more of the great extensions for Firefox.

Ron

Urk

Urk

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks Sari. How can a man with a pulse say "no" to an avatar like that?