Welcome to Geeks to Go
Geeks to Go Welcome
Create Account Login to Account
Photo

How to remove trojan.w32.looksky (removal instructions)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

teabag

teabag

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I successfully removed this trojan from my boss's computer at work with your help. He now thinks I'm a real computer whizz! Many thanks

Advertisements

LeoKiz

LeoKiz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you, guys, for the clear instructions and good Web site! I've got this thing through some game site. My system has Norton AntiVirus 2006 with all possible bells and wistles but no results. :whistling: Requsting help from Symantec got me an offer to spend $100 for help! What made me angry, :blink: :help: that during work of some anti-virus software(Ultimate Defender from Microsoft, SpyKiller, etc.) the virus keeps coming back! This is really frustrating!!! I can't express enough my gratitude to this site! Thanks!!! :)

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
penelopepony I removed your e-mail address from your post don't post your e-mail on ny forum you will get more e-mail then you care to

AG2 :whistling: Glad to hear it

Bit rusty but still a Geek, Thanks for taking the time to let us know I m sure you will find many of the other forums helpful in fact you may be helpful to some by the sounds of it :help:

rena_rena, teabag, LeoKiz, Gald to hear the problem is solved for and thanks for taking the time to let us know :blink:

wardd4

wardd4

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey,
I had a huge problem with my laptop and came to this site for help. It worked really well and I just wanted to say thanks and that I think its great what you guys do. thanks again.

Hookshot1000

Hookshot1000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Wow,you guys helped a load,no more window pop ups =D,thats the last time i let my freind download something,one question,does it delete the file that had the virus as well,he got it from video access codec V1.2,idk if it deleted it though.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Great to hear wardd4 :whistling:

Wow,you guys helped a load,no more window pop ups =D,thats the last time i let my freind download something,one question,does it delete the file that had the virus as well,he got it from video access codec V1.2,idk if it deleted it though.

I would suggest starting a topic in the malware forum to confirm your clean

penelopepony

penelopepony

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Hello penelopepony and welcome to Geeks to Go!

Please post a HijackThis log at the following link and a Trusted Helper will be with you shortly.

http://www.geekstogo...o-Here-f37.html

Thank you, I looked at that option last night but wasn't sure. I will do that A.S.A.P.

UPDATE SEPT 8th THANK U ALL, your help saved me from buying another hard drive. I did the SmitFraudFix, got 99% better, made it possible finally for me to do download LAVASOFT ADAWARE FREE download (5.5hr download w/dial-up -- BEDTIME) woke up, something missing, re-loaded xp os, than went back to safe mode, re-ran SmitFraudFix, and did a no-no, ran the lavasoft adaware cleanup in safemode, but, every now & ten a NO NO works, and this one did, been clean for 5 days and requested Better Business Bureau to assist me in getting my refund from NOADWARE site ($42 is $42 to me :whistling:

THANK YOU :blink:

Edited by penelopepony, 08 September 2007 - 06:00 PM.

reiitou

reiitou

• Pip
  • 2 posts
thank yo all for your time in sharing your knowledge.It is a big help for a D/U like me. Thanks so much.
I finally got rid of that annoying red background and the even more annoying pop ups / warnings.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hello and welcome reiitou
Thanks for taking the time to let us know, glad to hear its sorted :whistling:

gizecita

gizecita

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi, I donīt speak english, please help me, i have windows vista and the smitfraud fix no work, please help me my notebook is new :whistling:

Hola, no hablo ingles, por favor ayudenme, yo tengo windows vista y el Smitfraud no work, por favor ayudenme mi notebook es nueva. :blink:

Gizecita

Advertisements

RickyC

RickyC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Worked great on my son's computer. He is all of the time downloading freebies. Thanks again and will definitely be making a contribution to you.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

Hi, I donīt speak english, please help me, i have windows vista and the smitfraud fix no work, please help me my notebook is new :whistling:

Hola, no hablo ingles, por favor ayudenme, yo tengo windows vista y el Smitfraud no work, por favor ayudenme mi notebook es nueva. :blink:

Gizecita

Hello and welcome Gizecita

Please follow the guidelines Here

RickyC,
Thanks for letting us know glad to hear its sorted :help:

Laes

Laes

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
The fix does not seem to work with me. I have windows XP and I googled the virus to this website. SO far I have managed to delete the background part of the virus but the pop-ups remain. I am scanning with McAfee and Ad-ware. When I tried running the fix off the destop it breifly flashed in in the black console box something about "find". It then closed. I tried moving the fix to the C drive I read on a faq on this fourm and I got the same result.
I know I have looksky and Im not going to be doing anything that requires passwords for the next few days. Please if someone can help me. I will be refreshing every 20 mins or so if you post a reply I will most likey respond immedatly

theheartstripe

theheartstripe

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I used your program to get rid of my looksky virus. It seems to act as a pill. I run it and the virus is gone for a couple of hours. Then it comes back. What is the reason for this?

tonytattoo

tonytattoo

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Dude you are the man. I can't thank you enough for providing the cleaner for that annoying trojan.

I will be back .

Must contribute to the cause.

THANKS AGAIN!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.