Welcome to Geeks to Go
Geeks to Go Welcome
Create Account Login to Account
Photo

How to remove trojan.w32.looksky (removal instructions)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

charliek

charliek

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just had to say thanks for for sharing this information. :)

Advertisements

HOMGWTF

HOMGWTF

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, i use a windows vista computer and someone went on it and must have downloaded something to give me a Trojan. I'm wondering if i use this method.
will i still have all of my programs and everything. and also will it wipe my computer clean of everything and i will have to start again.
I haven't had this computer long but it means alot to me.. everything on here. and I'm scared that I'll loose everything.

AVG can see my Trojan, and it tells me to put it in the virus vault
yet i have like 50odd in there. and the pop up keeps on coming.

Can this method get rid of it and leave my computer how it was?
I'm sorry. but i get really worried about these things.

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
HOMGWTF,

Best thing I can recommend is to take a look at this post, then after downloading HijackThis, as outlined in step 5, posting the log with a description of the problems you are experiencing, in the Malware forum.

One of our trained staff will pick up the log and help you get rid of the problems.

Regards,
RatHat

HOMGWTF

HOMGWTF

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you RatHat.
This Trojan is fully annoying me and is taking over ym whole life
(I live around my computer)
:)

nambi

nambi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks a bunch for who ever made this util!!! this Virus was a pain in the butt to remove especially trying to remove it remotely. 1 whole day of wasted time then I found this util and all is working now.

Thanks!!!

ModelGeek

ModelGeek

• Pip
  • 8 posts
The SmitFraudFix removal tool, will/does it work on other viruses as well? I remember having a similar virus a few months back and I used a similar removal tool. Or are there multiple tools like this to treat various infections?

GeekModel

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

The SmitFraudFix removal tool, will/does it work on other viruses as well? I remember having a similar virus a few months back and I used a similar removal tool. Or are there multiple tools like this to treat various infections?

GeekModel

Yes it does you can see the list of them Here

Bman585

Bman585

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HELP!!! I have the Trojan.w32.looksky virus on my laptop (WindowXP). I downloaded the SmitFraudFix program and followed the instructions. After scanning my machine and creating the .txt file, I shutdown and attempted to start in SAFE mode, but would not start. The information scrolling on the screen would always hang up at multi(0)disk90)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\tiumflt.sys. I then re-booted and started using the last safe settings. I was able to run SmitFraudFix and clean the detected virus files. My machine seemed to be running fine after that

I booted my machine this morning and the virus was back. I repeated the steps above, bus still could not boot is safe mode. I made several attempts to boot in safe mode and now I can't boot at all. I get the following error message:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \Windows\system32\config\system

Any help would be appreciated or am I forced to re-format and start from scratch???

Thanks in advance

norton750

norton750

• Pip
  • 1 posts

GeekModel

Yes it does you can see the list of them Here

Don77,

I am a believer...I am a novice at this but the instructions were clear and easy to follow. The "cleaner" worked great and I am back in business. Thanks so much. I did discover one thing...I loaded a free version on McAfee from Comcast for added protection but I did not remove my old virus program first...systems would barely run? Removed the old virus program and everything seems to be OK now. Guy at the support desk said it should be OK to have two virus programs on the same PC. Seemed like my old E-anti trust was causing issues? Ever heard of anything like this? Guess you cannot have two virus programs on the same PC? Thanks again for the Fix. Great site!

Edited by norton750, 11 October 2007 - 08:39 PM.

silencedmessage

silencedmessage

• PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
Bman585,
If you still need assistance, please follow the instructions found here: http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html

We will be more than happy to help get your pc cleaned up :)

Norton750

Two anti-virus programs at once is definitely a bad thing. :)
Anti-Virus programs take up an enormous amount of your computer's resources when they are actively scanning your computer. Having two anti-virus programs running at the same time can cause your computer to run very slow, become unstable and even, in rare cases, crash.

If you choose to install more than one Anti-Virus program on your computer, then only one of them should be active in memory at a time.

There are basically two types of these programs:
On-Access and On-Demand

On-Access Scanners
As the name implies, are scanners that run in the background all the time the PC is turned on and running. The main function of an On-Access scanner is to monitor activity on your machine.

On-Demand Scanners
As the name implies, are scanners that only run when you ask them to.
Such as:
Online Scans and scanners that run on your machine but are not actively scanning your machine.

I hope that clears things up a bit for you!

-Silenced Message

Advertisements

Lizza58

Lizza58

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys i wanna say thank you so much. I woke up and had sooooo many pop ups all over my desktop and 23 internet explorers opened i had no clue what to do at first. I googled how to fix this and i came across this site and am so thankful, now when my dad gets home he won't kill me because i gave him more work to do when he comes home from work.

I am still having a problem though, i run McAfee and downloaded the trial version of Spyware doctor when i recieved this trogan. It was the only way of detecting what i had since i read that McAfee only detects viruses, I ran another spyware scan and there are still 3 threats detected.... Adware.Agent.BN, RogueAntiSpyware.PCPrivacyTool, and Adware.Admedia
I only have the trial version of Spyware doctor i cant just delete them using that program

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or what. So please redirect me with any information

Edited by Lizza58, 12 October 2007 - 09:16 AM.

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
Hi Lizza58,

Please read this thread, then following step 5, post a HijackThis log in the Malware Forum, and a description of what you are experiencing with your computer.

One of our malware staff will pick up your log and help you to clear the problems.

Regards,
RatHat

link2anjo

link2anjo

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
DAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNN YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!

well all i can say is..it work!! you guys are my GOD!!hihihi :) :) :) :) ;)

ModelGeek

ModelGeek

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you all for the info on this problem. I hope I am not putting my foot in my mouth for saying this, but virus's are not too smart. They tell you what they are. Leaving you to Google the problem and learn how to remove it. Maybe I havent had anything serious yet, and hopefully wont or will be prepared to deal with it when the time comes. Once again thanks for the info.

GeekModel

Hurricane Run

Hurricane Run

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi to all,

a couple of days ago my computer got hit with some sort of trojan/virus/spyware. It killed my laptop so I used another to search for solutions and forums on some of the pop ups I've been getting. One of these is the Trojan.w32.looksky and I've been trying to download it. Problem is that whatever is wrong has slowed my laptop down soo much and is popping up so much stuff that I cant get anything done. It has also, somehow, blocked me from downloading any files from the internet(obviously to fix the problem) and has disabled my task manager.

I got the same as has been described before: Loads of security and malware pop-ups and suggestions for fixes(dont know if it's microsoft pop-ups or the trojan pretending to be microsoft pop-ups) but I'm not able to download any of them.

I've rebooted and logged on as administrator in Safe mode, downloaded and tried running the smitfraudfix.exe(dont know it if will have any affect!), but when I logged on as myself in Safe mode I still cant start task manager or download anything, so I dont know if the fix has worked.

Please help - this is killing me! I'm not the most computer literate, but I CAN google and follow instructions. Done that but still cant get it fixed!

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.