Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

seems to install a program other then the one on the CD

• Please log in to reply

ox411

ox411

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
im not even sure where to start with this.....

ive had norton utilities 2002 on all of my computers for a long time (since 2002) its been acting up a little on my desktop recently so i removed it from the computer and then was going to reinstall it.

when i put the CD in the drive the first Norton window comes up with a list of options, ( install , browse CD, extras) when i click on "install norton utilities 2002" a dialog box pops up telling me that im installing AOL security center.

ive tried it repeatedly but i cant get the computer to load the program off of the CD. every time i try, it wants to install the AOL program.

so far i have:
- gone through with the install just to see... it installs AOL Security Center and no Norton files at all.

-removed every AOL program that i could find from my computer. then ive gone through and deleted every file i could find that had AOL or america online in the title. it still wanted to install the AOL program

-disconnected the computer from the internet and tried to install it still somehow tried to install AOL instead of Norton

-ive tried the CD in my laptop and it reads and installs perfectly.

how is it possible that this Security Center program is high-jacking the installation of the Norton program? the first window that pops up when i put the CD in is from the Norton CD, but after that its all about the AOL program.

any advice or even an idea of whats happening would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
-josh

Advertisements