Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is MAC OS capable of opening HTML files?

• Please log in to reply

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Before I purchase a MAC OS (with no windows OS) I would like to know Can a Mac open an HTML files on any browser just like in windows? Example: an ebook that is downloaded toyour computer and is in html format that you need to open with any browser withouthaving to connect to the internet. Please let me know!

Advertisements

cuzant

cuzant

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
it has an internet browser which means it'll open html files so im pretty sure it would open that and you wouldn't need to connect to the internet if the page is stored on your computer.

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

it has an internet browser which means it'll open html files so im pretty sure it would open that and you wouldn't need to connect to the internet if the page is stored on your computer.

how sure are you (did you try on a MAC OS or just guessing)

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Yes, you can use a browser to open local files without needing the Internet. This is true for most browsers. Some, might try to access the Internet (like IE), but it is not the norm.

tomcruise3230

tomcruise3230

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Okay thanks for all the information that clears everything. Anyway, I also forgot to ask Is the Mac OS also capable of openning zipped file (that was zipped with winzip or winrar in a windows OS computer) with winzip or winrar or any other unzip software?

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
I believe that it should have unzip, if not, you can download it. I am not sure about winrar though.

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Mac OS X 10.4 has built in support for about 90% of files the average computer user will encounter on the internet, .zip is included... on my mac I unzip files all of the time... I am a switcher to the mac and I have never regretted it!

Edited by Josiah, 06 August 2007 - 03:56 PM.

pccromeo

pccromeo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts

Mac OS X 10.4 has built in support for about 90% of files the average computer user will encounter on the internet, .zip is included... on my mac I unzip files all of the time... I am a switcher to the mac and I have never regretted it!

Yea when you download a zipped file OS X will automatically unzip it. For those OS X won't unzip itself, you can download Stuffit Expander: http://www.stuffit.c...nder/index.html