Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE shutting down

• Please log in to reply

gojukai

gojukai

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi all,

i had vundo which with a lot of help from the forum we think we have got rid of.

however one of the symptons was ie closing itself down whenever it feels like it.

so i tried the usual disableing all addon, no luck

i up graded to ie7 and its worse than eve now.

any ideas please.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
You can perform windows repair installation, a process which I am not fond with because many times you end up with lots of other problems. If you consider this, however, there is a link in my signature to xp repair installation.

Wouldn't you consider, instead, to install Firefox as a web browser? It will almost certainly solve the problem and you will have a browser quite similar to IE.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I find reinstalling the system to be good test once in a while perhaps once a year then, it proves to me at least that if my harddrive were to die right now my backup plan would work and that I could continue, but one would need to make sure that one has either the restore disk, or a copy of the XPcd of same type, all ones drivers, and copies of the programs one needs so that they too can be reinstalled and that ones data is stored elsewhere, in short, it is a lot of work, and the updates need to be done too, but at least one is sure that the rubbish is gone, period.

The trouble with the above idea is when one has paid for some protection, in that case I would wait until the protection contract has run its full length and then reinstall, and then buy more protection. Anyways, the idea even if you don't follow it here, does make the reader think "am I in control of my system or stuck with it" which is why I am suggesting it here.