Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Cycle

• Please log in to reply

monoxidez

monoxidez

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
So I chatted with my cable company in a chatroom. They told me if I wanted to switch internet from desktop to labtop vice versa, I needed to power cycle.

What is power cycle?

How do you power cycle?

Advertisements

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
What are you trying to power cycle. I dont think I understand what the reasoning is.

monoxidez

monoxidez

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I'm wondering how to power cycle a cable modem. I want to switch cable ethernet from desktop to labtop then vice versa.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
To power cycle that you would remove the power plug from the back of the modem. Wait about 30 seconds to a minute then plug it back in.

If you want multiple computers on the internet at the same time, you can purchase a home router that will allow you to do that.