Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failures occuring in Wireless Diagnostics program

• Please log in to reply

IHATEADWARE

IHATEADWARE

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,
I am using a Broadcom Wireless Utility program to manage my wireless connections and in its diagnostics section it comes up with some problems which I thought to post here for help:
Control Registers ... Failed
Reason: Failed

This test verifies the read and write capabilities of the network controller registers by writing various values to the registers and verifying the result. The device driver uses these registers to perform network functions such as sending and receive information. If the test fails, the network adapter may not work properly.

Memory Tests .... Failed
Reason: Microcode memory test failed.

This tests verifies that the network controller internal memory is functioning properly. The test writes patterned values to the memory and reading back the results. The test fails if an erroneous value is read back. The network controller will not function without its internal memory.

Interrupt Test .... Failed

This test verifies that the NDIS driver is able to receive interrupts from the network controller.

Loopback Test .... Failed

This test verifies that the NDIS driver is able send packets and receive packets from the network controller.

My preliminary theory: I installed the Broadcom drivers myself after installing Windows, for some reason it does not come integrated so I had to download them from another computer from the hp website and install them to use wifi, maybe I am missing a component?

My Network Adapter is: Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN
with driver version 3.100.65.1, Location: PCI bus 11, device 3, function 0
No Conflicts with other devices

Please note any comments if you have experience with this....
I am looking for a quick fix, possibly updating the driver or reinstalling it, cant find an update link, tried reinstalling didnt help.

Edited by IHATEADWARE, 31 July 2007 - 05:11 PM.

Advertisements