Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Well this one is New (to me)

• Please log in to reply

NickNas

NickNas

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:whistling: Girlfriends Laptop (dell Inspiron) has gone nuts. New stuff is on I have never seen before. None of it exists on either of my Dells or of course any of the Machines I built.

TONS of programs that all start with small case m. mDrWIFI mCore mIWA mIWCA mLogView mMHouse ect. Can't do the usual google on them as they don't show up anywhere. Tried to test un-install one of them and it says THIS APPLICATION MUST BE INSTALLED USING PROINSTALL. IT Well that is not the only thing. out of NOWHERE we now have intel proset wireless conflicting with XP everytime she tries to get on the wireless net now. One sees it and says all is great but can't get on. HOW do you uninstall it?? ( pro set wireless that is)

Hijack this log is fairly normal ..saw a couple of baddies and got rid of them---ran AVG and usual reg cleaners etc.

Any help?? Any Ideas?? TIA

Nick

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
In case anything got missed

Please follow the procedures outlined here: Malware Removal Guide

You will need a PC which can connect to the internet

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, please ask for advice in the Malware Forum