Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

saving to 2nd server crashes PhotoShop in Mac OS 10.4.10

• Please log in to reply

bamakodaker

bamakodaker

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts
This is a problem that is "recent" but I can NOT pin point when it started. I'm not aware of any specific update or newly added software that may have caused the problem.

While at work, Ethernet plugged into system, I work in PhotoShop with jpeg images. I work the image, I Save As, I choose my server and Save, in the JPEG Options window I select Highest (12) quality, and then select the final Save to save it in that server. THEN I Save As, choose another server to save to and Save, in the JPEG Options window I select 10 or 9, then select Save - and PhotoShop will crash.

PhotoShop (PS) does NOT crash while working my normal routine at home. That is when I'm NOT plugged into the system at work.

Please note - I've worked images for years. When you know your work routine completely you can just fly through it without having to really think about it. I have noticed this, IF I slow down at the JPEG Options window, and let the Size information load up (Size information changes as you select the level of quality - select Quality 12 and Size may show 1577.14K, select 10 and it may read 570.42K. Each time you change Quality it takes a little time for the Size to show the updated information) it seems that PhotoShop does not crash.

Like I said, I fly through my normal work. It does appear to be right around this point of Save As into the second server with the same image but of a reduced quality. If I slow down in that area and wait for all information to load before I progress, then it seems PS does not crash. I appreciate any suggestions and am open to any questions.

Powerbook G4 laptop Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Advertisements

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
You could try asking this question on a photoshop forum... also when I have a problem with an app I try to reinstall it and check for updates... hope you can fix this problem.