Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC issues with Restarting

• Please log in to reply

techie4fun

techie4fun

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
I'm trying to help a guy in another forum solve his PC problem and we're hunched.

AMD64 3700
2g of DDR 400 Memory
eVGA 7900GS PCIE w/256 Megs of Ram

Issue
PC Will blank Out Screen with No Input Signal and restart itself after 3o Seconds and be fine. Problem is intermittent May happen 4 to 6 times 1 day , 1 time the next , or sometimes not at all.

Things I have tried
Completely Reformatting and Reinstalling Windows , Funny thing is It Even Did it During The Reformat process One time.

Took Out Vid Card and ran it for 48 Hours Straight Without Powering Down other PC , No Issues There.

Swapped Power Supplys With The other PC. My PC Still Continued its Restart , Other PC With my Power Supply had No Issues.

My Thoughts
I am strongly thinking it is the mobo here , Vid Card Had No Issues on the other PC , Power Supply Had No Issues on The other PC. My PC Kept restarting with a different Power Supply So It Only Makes Sense.

Other Things
A Few Times During Restart I had To Restart it myself cause the keyboard would not work. It Did work after restart however.

I have mentioned it could be due to RAM, other's have said it could be a power supply problem, and we even think the motherboard could be dieing. I'd rather not respond with some off side suggestion that would be completely irrelevant to what could be the issue, but maybe someone here has an answer.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so you want us to help you answer a question on another forum? mayhaps you should suggest the guy come here and get helped directly? alot easier then going on 2nd and 3rd hand knowledge