Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BF2 Trouble on Inspiron 1520

• Please log in to reply

bandofbrother

bandofbrother

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey,

I just received my Dell Inspiron 1520 notebook for school. After I installed BF2 on the notebook I went to play and the screen will shot the BF2 load screen before the game kicks off and than either flash black and than back to my desktop and nothing happens or i get an error message that says There was an error with Bf2 exe.

I also had trouble running BF Vietnam yet none with Rainbow Six Ravenshield.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Advertisements

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
This problem looks to be due to your graphcis card. With your particular laptop, you have an integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100. Most integrated cards can't run very intense graphic games such as BF2.

I am sorry to say, but I don't think you will be able to run BF2.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Battlefield 2 doesn't support Intel integrated graphics cards.

bandofbrother

bandofbrother

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
that stinks, well two more questions than, #1 is it possible for me to send the laptop back to Dell at one point and have a better Graphics card put in and # 2 Can i run CS:source with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100? I have been looking on a lot of forums and some people are saying yes and others are saying that it will have problems. Anyone know?

oh and Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.

Edited by bandofbrother, 03 August 2007 - 07:11 AM.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
You can't upgrade graphics cards in laptops as they are integrated into the motherboard.

CS Source requires a DirectX 7 graphics card. Your graphics card has DirectX 7 support, although it might not run it well at high resolutions with full advanced options turned on.