Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IR Hardware Not Detected

• Please log in to reply

Novaprospekt

Novaprospekt

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Hello,

I just bought a pretty high end alienware laptop for college with Vista Ultimate. I made sure a TV tuner and USB remote was included with the package of vista.

After going to radio shack and getting an click on adapter to bypass the hexagon coaxial connector, my laptop finally got picture when I went into manual TV configuration and followed the steps.

However, I click next after selecting which "channel" to use and it says IR Hardware Not Detected.... and I have no clue what it's talking about.

--------

If it helps to diagnose my problem, I'm from Long Island and have Cablevision's "iO" or Interactive Optimum premium cable. I'm connecting through a set-top box manufactured by Scientific Atlanta, Model is Explorer 4200 but it's manufactured for Cablevision.

I thought my media center USB remote was the "IR Hardware" that wasn't being detected but apparently it's not.

This problem is really frustrating because if it would just shut up about IR [bleep] I could watch TV and just change the channel with the set-top box iO remote like I do when I'm watching TV.

How can I fix or bypass this?

Advertisements

SpammisT

SpammisT

• Pip
  • 2 posts
If you can take a picture of your signal receiver for your USB box, show me.

There should be 2 outputs in the back..
But I have no clue what to do with those.

But I'm also having this IR Hardware problem myself. But it doesn't popup though.
The IR Hardware thing just says it won't work for my channel.

Attached Thumbnails

• u53rhw34hy35.JPG