Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email time stamp problem

• Please log in to reply

Ardent

Ardent

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
I have had this problem for quite a while and have done various searches for results. Outlook 2003 mislabels all the emails 1 hour off. When its 9 am it show the email was received at 8 am. I have checked the time on the pc, its correct. I have gone into Outlook tools and under time zones made sure that I am in the right time zone. It did say to adjust for daylight savings time and when I did it moved the time to 1 hour later. I even downloaded a file from MS that was suppose to fix the time zone problem. It had no effect. Has anyone run into this problem? any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You did check the date as well?
Bear in mind the hour is offset (in most countries) during the warmest part of the year, March to October, in the northern hemisphere. Therefore the wrong system date will throw all emails out regardless of when they were sent.

Ardent

Ardent

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Thanks for your reply

I checked the date through the control panel and through the option in Outlook. Both Show the current date ( Aug 3, 2007 )