Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Drivers?

• Please log in to reply

laxr3m1x

laxr3m1x

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hey, I have a friend who has just recently purchased a GeForce 8700 for his Toshiba Satellite X205-S9349, and when ever he plays CS:S he can see through walls and stuff like that (thats nothing bad though lol, its just really confusing) So i was just wondering if anyone knew where to get drivers for that card that are compatible with his computer. he has vista 32 bit

Advertisements

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
Umm I will buy your friends laptop right now if what you say is true. Does this work online also?

And as for the drivers HERE is the link.

Soorena

Edited by SOORENA, 03 August 2007 - 07:28 PM.

laxr3m1x

laxr3m1x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
hahah how much do you want to buy it for? and ive tried those drivers before, they dont work for some reason. it says that something isnt compatible and the drivers will now exit

laxr3m1x

laxr3m1x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
here are some photos of what he sees.

http://i40.photobuck...quatica0000.jpg
http://i40.photobuck..._office0000.jpg

SOORENA

SOORENA

• PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
OMG! Thats Pwnage, and yes that is pronounced (Ownage), I wouldn't fix that if I were you. I think its gift from god.

Soorena

laxr3m1x

laxr3m1x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
haha i know what pwnage is, i play games too. well i dont think he likes it so i was just trying to help him out and get some drivers for him. ill just wait for some more replies

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
are you sure the video card didn't come with the laptop because according to its specs it comes with a Geforce 8700 card already installed from the factory. if that is the case you could try downloading the display drivers from Toshiba's website since the ones from Nvidia's site didn't work. Also, it might not be a display driver problem and maybe he needs a game update or a windows update.

laxr3m1x

laxr3m1x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
i just found out that it did come with the laptop, and what do you know, toshiba doesnt have the drivers for the laptop. would anyone mind helping me find em

laxr3m1x

laxr3m1x

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
nevermind. he just turned his settings down and it fixed his problem

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
HERE are all the drivers for Toshiba Satellite X205-S9349 with Vista 32bit. just scroll down and download the Display driver and try that. Hope it works for ya.

good luck

ViprXX

ViprXX

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
good to hear he got it worked out. also thanks for letting us know

later