Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG found Trojan horse Downloader.Winshow.BG

• Please log in to reply

jaycor

jaycor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just installed AVG Anti-Virus free edition and it alerted me to a Trojan Horse.
Trojan horse Downloader.Winshow.BG
and the path is:
C:\WINDOWS\WindowsUpdate.log:wqkfh
It is now in the Virus Vault, and in the Object Details, where it says "Healable", it says "No".
I've just performed a second scan and see that there are no threats found, but the one above is still sitting in the Vault.
I've searched through the forum and can't find any viruses with that name.
Hopefully one of you kind, knowledgable folks can tell me what to do next. My computer knowledge is not that great. Does it look like something I should just delete? Or will that cause problems with my Windows XP?
I've never had one of these before, but something I read, by Googling, seemed to infer that it came to me through Windows Update, so I hesitate to go there for answers.
Thank for any help you can give me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.

Advertisements