Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hi. I want to connect the internet to my Nintendo Wii.

• Please log in to reply

DjFonti

DjFonti

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hi all. I was hoping some of you could help me.

I want to get internet on my Wii so I can hook up to the virtual console.

I understand the Wii has a built in 'thingy' that would pick up a wireless connection. Could someone confirm that or would I need something else to attach to it?

The main problem I'm having is the following. I have a wireless router, but I don't have a network card fitted to my computer. Is it still possible to configure and set up a router to a computer without a network card? The broadband modem is currently connected via a USB cable.

I don't intend to connect any other computers to the router, I just want the internet to be available on the original computer and the Wii.

I am on Win XP Home, service pack 2. I have a Netgear DG834G v2 router.

If anyone can help, and if it possible to go forth, I will also need help in setting the router up. But one thing at a time.

Thanks and any help will be appreciated.

Advertisements

Berz(Matt)

Berz(Matt)

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i can confirm that the Wii can connect to a wireless network, u dont need an attachment for it.

if you wireless router has a few ethernet ports than you could simply connect your computer to the router and the router to the wall :) and then also have a wireless connection available for you're wii.

though im not the best. but i can confirm the wii doesnt need an attachment to connect to a wireless network.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you would need to get a network card of some kind

either wireless or wired...wired would be easier..network cards are cheap these days as well..

you would just hook up the router to the modem (per your ISP instructions) and get that working...and have your computer connect to the router then have the wii connect to the router wirelessly