Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Home Attribute Problem

• Please log in to reply

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
This has only just started to happen, From tome to time a warning pops up on the screen Attribute (Unknown attribute) changes from 57 to 58. I can get rid of the message click ok and the message goes. But it will return. I tried, my computer right on C drive unchecked Allow Indexing service to index this disk for fast searching, the reason for this is I searched and found that this action had cleared another attribute warning not exactly the same as mine. But I still have the same annoying message. Any ideas? :whistling:

Advertisements

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Do you have hard drive monitoring sofware installed? This sounds like the sort of thing I get from my "Hard Drive Health" application. The "Attributes" are the various things monitoried by the S.M.A.R.T. function of the hard drive.

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hi, :whistling: Yes I have HDD Health and I have found the box to uncheck to stop the pesky warning :blink: Thaks for the reponse much appreciated

1101doc

1101doc

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 909 posts
Glad to be of service. :-)