Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Illustrator refuses to install

• Please log in to reply

rossko_uk

rossko_uk

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I wish to try out Adobe Illustrator CS3 for a number of reasons, so I headed to the Adobe website to download the free trial. After some tricky problems of locating the file, I manage to extract all included files, leaving me with a folder on the desktop. Contained within is the setup.exe file I need. However, upon clicking the file, a screen pops up, waits for a moment then disappears, with nothing happening.

I am running Windows Vista and have all the right specifications required. I use McAfee as my Firewall (came free with my laptop), and I have tried disabling that for a while in case internet access was needed or whatever, but still nothing.

It'd be great if someone could help me out, I've been trying to sort the problem out for five hours now, and I'm getting annoyed.

Cheers in advance :whistling:

Edited by rossko_uk, 04 August 2007 - 05:36 PM.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Have you tryed disableing mcafee before installing?

rossko_uk

rossko_uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Have you tryed disableing mcafee before installing?

Yeah I disabled it for the whole time I was trying it, but nothing happened.

rossko_uk

rossko_uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
OK, since no-on can help me with the problem, is there an alternative program that I can create business cards with?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
are you trying to create a graphic for the business card or just a general card? Last time I did a business card, I used microsoft publisher. A friend designed the graphic (a small jpeg). Publisher had no problems using the file.