Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can anybody help me with my counter strike lag spikes

• Please log in to reply

nyczdavv

nyczdavv

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok my cs began to spike 2 months ago and the spiking happens every 5 seconds now and lasts for 10 seconds-20seconds(i cant move on cs at all). i have a dell dimension 4700 and i've played on cs on this computer fine a while back with pings in the 20s. im using optimum online (using a network cable also), i replaced my router and my cable modem but the lag spikes havent stopped and i also tried port forwarding but i still spike. and i also scanned my computer with adaware, spysweeper, and zone alarm but my computer is clean. can anybody help me? :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
is this with a specific server or multiple servers?

nyczdavv

nyczdavv

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yeah every server

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
have you updated your firmware on your routers? did you check out http://portfowarding.com/ ? What version of CS? What video card are you using?

Go to start run, type CMD. A dos window will open. Right click on the title bar and select properties. Make sure that "quick edit" is selected. In that new window type in:
ping x.x.x.x
x is the ip of a server you like to play on. for example ping 127.0.0.1. Copy and past the results here.

Now type in tracert x.x.x.x
copy and past the results here.