Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Starcraft Graphic issue

• Please log in to reply

Canadian Pirate

Canadian Pirate

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When i boot up Starcraft or Starcraft:Broodwar I get Horizontal black bars running across the left half of the screen, mostly near the top. When i get into a game (Single or Multi-player) i get the same thing, It gets to the point where i cant even play anymore. The game used to run fine on this computer. Had to reinstall it after a clean OS install.
I have tried uninstalling the game, after doing which cleaning every bit of it i could find, registry, install directory, prefect. I also installed the latest Drivers for Video card.

System:
Processor: Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Hard Drive: 700 GB Total 2 250GB's RAID 0/ 200GB for storage
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Monitor: 20in Wide Sceen Samsung
Sound Card: SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [8C00]
Operating System: Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2

Thank you,

~Canadian Pirate

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
By any chance are you running a system with SLI enabled.

Canadian Pirate

Canadian Pirate

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a motherboard capable of running SLI (EVGA 680i) but no, i am not running SLI.

Thanks,

~Canadian Pirate

Timberdaaik

Timberdaaik

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i run on XP and sp2
it seems its a direct X problem , i turned of the direct X accelerations and it seems to run perfectly now ,,

as far as other solutions i dont know i just installed starcraft since i wanted to play the game again and had your problem i did this to solve it for now just dont forget to return the settings if u wanna play other games like world or warcraft since they need higher video acceleration that direct X provides

hope this helps