Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer keeps restarting every 10 or 15 mins.

• Please log in to reply

screamingsalsa

screamingsalsa

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is getting frustrating when I'm trying to type something on Word or play a game on the Internet. Please help

Advertisements

Newbit

Newbit

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi, Im a new member here and My computer keeps crashing on me too. Don't know if we may have the same problem
Just to specify things, are you getting a blue screen with information before your computer restarts...or is your computer just restarting by itself?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
First thing I would do in this case is to open the case and see if there is a lot of dust about. Start the machine and make sure all the fans are working properly. This is commonly a heat problem involving the CPU or power supply fan. If you've dusted it out and the fans are working you can use memtest86 to check the memory. It can be downloaded to a floppy or burned to a CD as an image. If this doesn't help come back and tell us more.

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Newbit Please start your own post.

First we want to check if you are getting blue screens.

To make sure what we want to do is stop windows from automatically restarting and display the blue screen error message.

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART. Click APPLY and OK.

When your computer restarts automatically next report any error messages. If you get a blue screen with white text report all the technical information.