Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Re-Installing Mac OS 10.3.5

• Please log in to reply

piggyprobe

piggyprobe

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
PowerBook G4
Mac OS X (10.3.5)

Our company recently purchased a used Mac to test & trouble shoot our web-based software. Wanting to start fresh, I was tasked with purging any remaining data the previous owen may have left behind, and from all indication, a re-install was my best bet. After booting from Install Disk 1, and choosing my language, I am welcomed to the Mac OS X Installer. From that screen, I am immediatley prompted that Bundled software cannot be installed on the computer.

From here, I went to Installer>Open Disk Utility where I chose to erase the hard drive. Next I did a restore, choosing to use the OS X intstall disk as my source. From all the documentation I have on this computer, this is the process I should be following. However, when starting the computer, nothing loads after the Apple screen. Can you provide me with some assistance?

Advertisements

Josiah

Josiah

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
You could search on google for what key to hold down on your model of mac to boot off a cd... this may help... also I would recamend picking up the latest version of OS X from a store... here is a link.

http://www.amazon.co...D/dp/B000BWZZLG

Good luck... if this doesn't help you could try a more mac related forum like...

forum.maccast.com

piggyprobe

piggyprobe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Thanks for the reply. I can boot from the CD, but it only takes me back to the installation options. I'll head to the mac forums next. Thanks again.