Hi, computerspecialist101. I apologize for the delay, I'll jump in and see what I can do.
Before we go too far, I'd like some of my own information...
(1) I see in your profile that you are using 2 gigabytes of RAM, is that still current on this machine?
(2) When did this issue start? Has it always been this way?
(3) How you noticed unusually high CPU usage according to the Task Manager recently?
(4) Is the whole system slower, or just when you play movies and such?
(5) Are you running a lot of unnecessary programs such as instant messengers, mail applications, etc. while attempting to play these videos?
Thank you for helping me.
1) Yes, that is still correct. I still have 2 GB of RAM on my computer.
2) I don't remember when the issue started, but my computer did work at first, then after a while the issue came about.
3) I noticed that when I played the videos, the computer would be very unresponsive to the mouse and I would have to do a control alt delete to get task manager open, which is when I noticed 100% CPU. Win Media Player, or any other media player I have running would take between 80 - 90% with outlook taking 4% and Firefox taking 3% system taking 2 percent and the last 1% would be spread out amongst the other processes running.
4) The system is only slow when I play movies.
5) I am not running anything more than the average person would be running. The stuff I have running is minimal CPU intensive programs. I have AIM, Firefox 2.0.0.X, sometimes Winamp, Outlook 2007. I have about 25 things in the task bar of programs, such as outlook, java, Norton Internet Security, Beyond TV, LogMeIn, PcAnywhere, and a lot of smaller apps. they are mainly there because I like to see whats running in the task bar.