Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop had water spilled on it. Screen Keyboard not working.

• Please log in to reply

Mudkipboy

Mudkipboy

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
I spilt water on my laptop and the screen is messed up. There are white vertical lines all across the screen and the keyboard isn't working right.

Will the screen and keyboard be broken forever or will it go when it dries up?

How do I fix it?

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
As long as you don't run the laptop while it is still wet or moist then the issues should clear up. It is when you pump electricty into those wet componants when they start to fail. Any damaged caused can easily be permanant. Turn your laptop off now if it is on...

Mudkipboy

Mudkipboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I let the laptop dry in the garage. It gets very warm in there. The water behind the screen is gone but there are still some lines. The keyboard is better too; the only key not working is the up arrow. The lines appear to be gone when there is a white background. How do I fix the rest?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Typically when a componant is physically damaged your only solution is to replace the damaged part. If the lines in the screen are too bad you could always use an external monitor.

Edited by Titan8990, 09 August 2007 - 09:01 PM.

Mudkipboy

Mudkipboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I'm OK with the screen for now, I'm just annoyed that I can't use the Up arrow. Is there anything I can do to try and fix it?