Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Wireless with PCLinuxOS

• Please log in to reply

pyrocajun2707

pyrocajun2707

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hello. I just finished building a new notebook from an MSI barebone kit with an intel core 2 duo @ 2.16ghz, 2 GB DDR2 667, a GeForce Go 7600, and 160GB SATA HDD. I just added an intel 4965AGN wireless card (mini pci-e). I dualboot PCLinuxOS and Windows Vista Home Premium, and was able to get the drivers for the card successfully installed in Windows, no problem. The problem is with my linux partition. It absolutely REFUSES to pick up the wireless card, and it doesn't even show up in device management. (not as a wireless card, at least.) When I try to set up the connection, it only gives me the option of using ndiswrapper to inistall a Windows driver. No dice. Can someone please tell me what to do or give me a link to some drivers or something so I can get this card working?

Advertisements

pyrocajun2707

pyrocajun2707

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Or perhaps someone could tell me how to get the windows driver to work?

ZOMG! pleash help meh! :whistling:

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I did a search for you I found a place where you can get some drivers for your wireless card.

Try here

Be shure when you extract it to read the readme file for how to install.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
There's also and ndiswrapper that may be needed. I believe the actual link page is on Wikipedia but you can find the information about it on the Network forum at the pclos website.

pyrocajun2707

pyrocajun2707

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

I did a search for you I found a place where you can get some drivers for your wireless card.

Try here

Be shure when you extract it to read the readme file for how to install.

Ah, yeah. I went there once, but which one should I download? I noticed there are downloads for different distros. Neither PCLinux)S or Mandriva (it's base) is listed. Are those links on top to just general driver packages?

If all else fails, how do I go about using ndiswrapper?