Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

loop on boot

• Please log in to reply

Gswiss

Gswiss

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I have an xp/W2k dual boot system which has been working for years. When I boot into w2k, it starts out normally. It hangs for a few seconds (which is not usual) on "Opening a User Session" (I use no password and it usually goes automatically through this part) and then it goes on until it reaches "Recording your parameters". At that point, it starts looping with "Loading your personal parameters" indefinitely.

I loaded a previously saved partition in its location and the same problem occurs. I shifted the partition on the disk in case some sectors were defective. No change.

From XP, I ran a chkdsk /R on the w2k partition. No improvement.

Exactly the same loop occurs when I go into Safe Mode.

Advertisements

computerguy4321

computerguy4321

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
maybe u need to check your mother board or try to get to the set up menu when starting comp and change your settings i had the same problem

Edited by computerguy4321, 09 August 2007 - 11:19 PM.

Gswiss

Gswiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Do you recall which settings?

computerguy4321

computerguy4321

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
well the problem i had was with the windows 95 and each time i started up it said "do you want to view your setup settings" does your computer have that?

Gswiss

Gswiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
No, I don't get a question from Windows. The boot process goes directly into the "Opening a Windows Session" and gets into a loop at the point where you hear the jingle. I was wondering what item in the BIOS Setup menu I should change

computerguy4321

computerguy4321

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
do u have a nother comp?