Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

get your nerd hats on and get ready to go to the movies!

• Please log in to reply

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Hollywood (CA) - Throwing its name into the pot of video game-based slasher horror flicks, Wolfenstein is heading to a big screen debut, according to trade publication Variety magazine.

The magazine reports that writer Roger Avary and producer Samuel Hadida will team up for the film. The same duo also wrote and produced the recent Silent Hill movie based on the survival horror game series.

The picture has a tentative title of Return To Castle Wolfenstein, the same name as the most recent wave of games in the series, including an upcoming one for the PC and Xbox 360 that could potentially have a direct movie tie-in.

The flagship PC title, Wolfenstein 3D, celebrated its 15th anniversary in May. The game was introduced by Id Software, which also created the PC game Doom, inspiring the 2005 film of the same name.

man...that was such a great game!

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
I heard a lot of talk a while back of them doing the same thing with Halo. Does anyone know if that is still supossed to happen or if it got canned?

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

I heard a lot of talk a while back of them doing the same thing with Halo. Does anyone know if that is still supossed to happen or if it got canned?

Movie.....how bout http://www.halothemovie.org/

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Dude that look soooo awesome!!!!

Im seein that the night it comes out!!!

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Dude that look soooo awesome!!!!

Im seein that the night it comes out!!!

That trailer clip is insane. 9/25 Halo 3 is released as well.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Was anyone else lucky enough to catch the beta?

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
If your talkin about Halo 3, my buddy and I were :whistling:

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well... do tell.. :whistling:

halo movie won't be out for like a year or more.

Did anyone see the silent hill movie? I love the game, but had doubts about the movie.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Did anyone see the silent hill movie? I love the game, but had doubts about the movie.

I did, and I liked it. I was never too big into the games but I did play them a little. I really like the movie, not a blockbuster but definitely a decent movie. The way the recreated the town and the scenes that were in the game were well done.

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Nope never saw that one, wanted to dut dudn't.

The beta was alright. I actually even sold my XBOX right after I was over the BETA, but anywanys back to it.

One thing I did like about it was the file sharing. You had I think it was like 25MB to sace your screenshots or movies or custom game settings. Would be nicer with a bit more storage though.

Also I don't know if you guys read about the new so called support weapons, but I got to use one of them and it was fricken sweet!!! I used the missle pod and all I can say is it is AWESOME, I won't ruin the fun so Ill be quiet now. :whistling:

Over all though as compared to the last 2, I was quite impressed and the final release should be awesome! Too bad I sold my XBOX :blink: