Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

black-out! everyday!

• Please log in to reply

jef+pal106

jef+pal106

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Good day! not sure if this is the right forum for the subject but please help me..

Guys im having problems with my PC and i know you can help me on this... everytime i boot up my PC is all black-out.. after a few minutes w/o doing something it will boot up.. but after a long rest bcoz i have to go to office and finally when i got home and use it its black out again.. and now its been an hour but no change still black out.. ive already cleared the cmos and minimal boot.. no luck. sometimes after minimal boot it goes ok but guys everyday im experiencing this.. could it be the video card? all fans are working i just notice that the front led is out ..thats my indicator, because when its on ill have a successful boot but if its off.. black-out.. please help me..

Advertisements

Congo

Congo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
This is a strange thing jef,

The boot sequence starts immediately when you power up the PC and you see a "boot" screen, then the hardware configuration screen followed by the windows load screen, and, eventually, Windows.

So, when your PC eventually comes to life, do you see windows already up and running? If so, then the computer is probably booting normally, only you can't see it because of a display problem.

If it is what I described above, then I would immediately suspect the monitor, can you try another monitor to test it?

If it's not the monitor, then suspect the video card.

EDIT: I just had a look at your mainboard, it's very unusual in that it is an Intel 915P chipset with both an AGP slot and a PCIe 16x graphics slot as well.

Has it done this since it was new? If so, carefully check and re-configure your BIOS settings concerning the graphics configuration. Re-setting CMOS sets everything to basic defaults, is it possible that the board defaults to the other slot?
That board would be a terrific solution if it performed problem free! :tazz:

Edited by Congo, 13 April 2005 - 12:23 PM.

jef+pal106

jef+pal106

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

This is a strange thing jef,

The boot sequence starts immediately when you power up the PC and you see a "boot" screen, then the hardware configuration screen followed by the windows load screen, and, eventually, Windows.

So, when your PC eventually comes to life, do you see windows already up and running? If so, then the computer is probably booting normally, only you can't see it because of a display problem.

If it is what I described above, then I would immediately suspect the monitor, can you try another monitor to test it?

If it's not the monitor, then suspect the video card.

EDIT:  I just had a look at your mainboard, it's very unusual in that it is an Intel 915P chipset with both an AGP slot and a PCIe 16x graphics slot as well.

Has it done this since it was new? If so, carefully check and re-configure your BIOS settings concerning the graphics configuration. Re-setting CMOS sets everything to basic defaults, is it possible that the board defaults to the other slot?
That board would be a terrific solution if it performed problem free!    :tazz:

View Post

the green led in front of the monitor is on but the the screen is totally black out.. everytime i boot i encounter this problem.. but after 5 mins it goes ok.. but now nothing is happening.. no beeps.. its just the screen that has no picture or image.. could it be the video card? its Inno3d 6600 256 mb pci-e.. not oc'd.