Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation of the new Word 2007

• Please log in to reply

norms corner

norms corner

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I installed the new word(Microsoft) 2007. Usually(in the past during installations of software programs) the icon appears on the desk top.. This time, nothing but was noted when I clicked the start button and the microsoft 2007 could be clicked on from the menu there..... Then today, I went to the all programs and clicked on microsoft there and DRUG the microsoft as an icon to the desk top so NOW I have it both as an icon on my desk top AND as a menu item when I click the start button... BUT. Where are the icons for the new PowerPoint... Excel.... Publisher...etc that goes with the new Word 2007? How can I find them either as a desktop ICON..... as a menu item when I click the START or someplace in the ALL PROGRAMS area(Note: I could not even find the Microsoft Word 2007 in the All Programs Area either).

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Just curious, but did you install Word 2007 by itself or did you install or had previously installed the 2007 Office Suite? Checking on Word 2007 does not show the inclusion of the other programs you mentioned. The Word 2007 may not properly integrate with any earlier Office Suites as there have been significant changes.

Ron

norms corner

norms corner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I uninstalled the previous word 2003 and installed the ONE DISK that I received called Office Professional Plus 2007 and suppossedly it has all the bells and whistles. I, until today, could not even find the icon on my desktop which normally appears when one installs software.. to get the windows 2007 icon on my desktop, I had to go to the control panel and drag it on. I feel sure that I have the 2007 PowerPoint... Excel.... Publisher, etc ON someplace but cannot find itl;

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
They should be in the Start Menu, listed in Microsoft Office. If you right click on the application icon within the Start Menu, point to "Send to", and choose "Desktop (create shortcut)", it should place an icon on the desktop for you.

norms corner

norms corner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Thanks Wannabe1....You were a great help ..... it worked and also found the excel, powerPoint, etc... Please do not report to anyone how dumb I am......ahhhhhh!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
My pleasure! :whistling: