Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Bios not acpi compliant" blue screen on laptop

• Please log in to reply

IBMTek

IBMTek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am stumped with the same issue. Unfortunately I only have recovery CD's from Compaq. The F5 or F7 did not work for me. Any ideas how to resolve this with just the recovery CD's? Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Advertisements

IBMTek

IBMTek

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, I fixed my own problem, I removed the 56k modem and now the system boots up with no errors.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Hi, on a Presario m2000 I'm getting the message:

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor or visit http://www.hardware-update.com for an updated BIOS. If you are unable to obtain an updated BIOS or the latest BIOS supplied by your vendor is not ACPI compliant, you can turn off ACPI mode during text mode setup. To do this, simply press the F7 key when you are prompted to install storage drivers. The system will not notify you that the F7 key was pressed - it will silently disable the ACPI and allow you to continue your installation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This occurred after a power failure. Now it happens maybe 50% of the time, and the computer reboots. I've eliminated the hard drive and os as causes, flashed the bios to the newest available version, and the ram passes memtest with no errors. The only thing I can think of is replacing the ram, but I don't want to buy memory if it won't help the problem. Any suggestions? Thanks much!

From the link in the above quote I'm wondering if you might have some kind of new malware which is causing the problem and not any real trouble with the machine. System notices don't normally direct the user to a commercial website with advertising.