Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

InvisionFree noob

• Please log in to reply

Vamped

Vamped

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Just started a forum ^^ I created an Global Moderator user group but I dunno how to promote anyone to that group x3

Also, I've seen on forums that have a couple different banners, use a code that after every click [to new page/section/etc] randomly switches the banner :3
Was wondering if anyone knew how to go about that ;3

I'll probably have other questions sooner or later so this may be a tres active topic xD

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You have to go into the user profile in the ACP and promote the person. You can only do them one at a time. Thats as helpful as I can be. Ive not seen the inside of the invisionfree ACP.

The banners are probably some form of advertising script. When you get out of invisionfree, you can do some searching on advertising scripts, until then, I believe invisionfree will not allow you to advertise.

If you are serious about having a forum website, I recommend you get away from invisionfree as soon as possible. Otherwise all the content you build up while there will be lost. There are a bunch of free forum softwares and even more cheap hosting services. Spring for the $5 a month and $8 a year to have your own website/domain. That way, if you actually find something that someone wants to be part of, its yours.

Vamped

Vamped

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
tbh, i'm only creating a semi-permanent forum using InvisionFree until I find somewhere else.

Like I said, i've created the GM group, promoting one person is what i'm having a problem with because I don't know how to promote.

Also, the banners i'm referring to aren't the advertising banners. I'm talking about forum banners. It's a script that takes one of the many forum banners and randomly selects one after every click to a new page. Wondering if anyone knew of any script like that.

I'm stuck with InvisionFree for now. So I have to make due ;3

Also, admin has power to alter a person's avatar. I need to because some members are making their avv's stupidly large. ACP tells me I have the power to do so. Do I know how? Course not. ;3

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You can change their avatar in the same screen you can promote them. When you log into the ACP, type a users name in the "quick edit" section. Once there, you can view and change their profile. Including member group and avatar.

Vamped

Vamped

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks! That helped a lot! ^__^ *hugs*