Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

high ping in online gaming, slowing internet

• Please log in to reply

gl0w

gl0w

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hi. I'm having problems with my internet connection speed, especially when I play online games. I used to ping around 30-50 in the gaming servers that I play in, and now I am pinging 180-240 in the same servers. It used to be 1 day it would be 50 ping and the next day I would have 200 ping, and then the next 2 days 50 ping. Now I am consistently getting 200 ping in online games, and im sick and tired of waiting for my ping to go down like it normally does every other day. It has been about a week now with consistent 200 ping, and im noticing that my internet speed itself when it comes to visiting different websites has slowed as well.

please help me.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi gl0w, can I just ask if you ever found out what happened to this thread?

http://www.geekstogo...852#entry918852

It doesn't seem to be finished, and malware could be the problem. Did you find the name of the trojan that was apparently on your system?

they say it is not because i have cheats for the game counter strike they say it is because i have a trojan... now the program isnt telling me this it is the other administrators who check the info of the scan

This quote is from post #13 of that thread. Let us know what's happening with this.

Cheers :whistling:

gl0w

gl0w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
the only thing that I did not do was the last post of that thread. I still got canned when they tested me again, so it must be a very secure document, but becides this I was not having the ping problem that I am having at this time now. I have just recently been getting these consistent ping spikes.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
My only suggestion would be to finish the thread off, post a new (fresh) HJT log and PM the helper asking if you could be helped to finish it off.

gl0w

gl0w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
what about this new information about HJT being spyware?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
No it's just talk, it's not spyware at all. If you read the License Agreement when you install it you will find all the answers. Apparently only if you click the "AnalyzeThis" button does it send your HJT log to Trend Micro for analysis, so just don't click that button. If you use the earlier version (1.99.1) you won't have any problems.