Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sleep mode?

• Please log in to reply

amc123

amc123

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I cannot get my computer to wake up! The moniter is blank. I've tried the mouse, the keyboard, cord connections, rebooting & the power source. There is no curser - totally black screen. At first thought it was the moniter, but plugged in our laptop and that came up fine. Any ideas?

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Try unplugging it, take the battery out and let it sit for about 10 minutes....

oceanWave

oceanWave

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Maybe try this if that doesn't work, on my vista when I wake me computer up be closing the monitor, then turning it back on after that I just press a key and it wakes up.

amc123

amc123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
This is my desktop computer....I unplugged the main power cord (for two days) and still get a totally blank black screen when I plug it back in and turn on the computer. I'm not very computer "savvy", so excuse me when I try to explain this but.....when I turn it back on, the hard drive sounds like it is running, but doesn't seem to be making all of the start up noises it usually makes while rebooting. Does this make any sense to anyone???

Turning the moniter off and on isn't working either. I'm at a loss. Thanks for the suggestions!