Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trend Micro Interent Security 2007-information pleas

• Please log in to reply

tramseyer

tramseyer

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi :whistling:

Except for CNET and another tech site, every time I have searched for Trend Micro's Internet Security Program 2007, I only find information on the 2006 version. I was hoping to find some comparisons and more factual information than what I have already.

Last summer I had multiple computer problems, when they were sorted out, Best Buy put Trend Micro's Antivirus and Webroot's SpySweeper on my system. I already had ZA, Spybot S&D, and so forth, including all of the programs that Geeks To Go recommends. Everyone worked and played together beautifully. (I never had a problem with TM's AV and Spybot S&D working together).

Fast forward to this summer and a financial/time crunch. Long story short I end up buying Internet Security 2007 instead of AV/Spam. I finally got around to installing it last night. I really liked TM's AV only; there's a few things in IS 2007 that are giving me pause. A couple of those could be negated if I knew how well IS 2007 stacked up against the competition.

I welcome opinions and experience, but I also want to see comparisons and test results. Please add your opinions and point me to those results.

Stay cool - and thanks :blink:

Theresa

Advertisements

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

MoNsTeReNeRgY22

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts
Hello and Welcome to G2G.

One mistake I made was trustung Geek Squad with my anti Virus software. We went there to buy some and I was going to buy Mcafee but then my dad decided to ask the GeekSquad. They recommened TrendMicro and SpySweeper so my dad believed them over me. That was the worst mistake we have ever made for security software in my opinion. I love Spy Spweeper and think it is an awesome program, but as for The Trend Micro AV engine, thats another story. I am completly unsatisfied and unhappy with its very poor performance it has showed me. I have had a few infections on this PC, and it has never detected one thing at all. Also I know online tests arent the greatest for AV's, but even PCWorld knows how to correctly place TrendMicro in its tests, dead last!

http://www.pcworld.c...69/article.html

tramseyer

tramseyer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the welcome and the link - and have fun on your time off :whistling:

I have had both Norton and McAfee before. My experience is slightly different - I think it was Norton that last year let past a virus that did some serious damage. I don't remember why I earlier switched from McAfee to Norton.

I gather you don't think there's much difference between the 2006 and 2007 versions. The link deals with IS 2006, and now I am taking a closer look at it.

Theresa

Hello and Welcome to G2G.

One mistake I made was trustung Geek Squad with my anti Virus software. We went there to buy some and I was going to buy Mcafee but then my dad decided to ask the GeekSquad. They recommened TrendMicro and SpySweeper so my dad believed them over me. ...

tramseyer

tramseyer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I have 20 days left on my Kaspersky AV trial. So far I like it fairly well, and will probably keep it.

It does take forever on the first run. With only the two internal drives, I finally shut down after 2 days, thinking that possibly there was a bug in the program, but there wasn't. I plugged the external drive back in, and did some cleaning on all three - last night's run took a little over 8 hours. I have a lot more baggage and clutter that I can get rid of to bring that time down. One of my goals :whistling:

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Theresa