Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Problem

• Please log in to reply

Albino

Albino

• PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Hi,

I recently bought a Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP monitor, and set it up fine. The only small problem I have is that when in windows, if I move the mouse to the right it will go beyond the edge of the screen for another few inches, and then to get it back i have to move it through that distance again, as if there is a part of the monitor I can't see. It's fine with the right hand side, it's just the left that's the problem, and I can't find any changes to fix it. I have GeFore 7800GS card by the way if that helps.

Thanks for any help

:whistling:

Advertisements

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
Can you not use the buttons on the monitor to change it? Also, are you sure you don't have it set to a wider aspect ratio that your monitor?

Albino

Albino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
The monitor settings do allow you do alter the aspect ratio, however, on DVI-D (which I use) this is faded out so you can't change it. On VGA you can but I don't want to use it, and in fact the picture is all wrong on that too. When I originally plugged in the monitor a settings window came up allowing me to "adjust edges" but not knowing this problem at the time I didn't change anything, but now I can't seem to find the option to adjust these edges. When playing games or watching films, no data is missing off the edge of the screen though, it's strange, the mouse just behaves like there is an extra 4-5 inches of space to the right, but nothing appears missing.

cmw2010

cmw2010

• PipPipPip
  • 356 posts
What type of video card do you have? Look in the advanced settings and see if you can set it to underscan. This will fit the desktop to your monitor. When you move your cursor to the edge does your desktop move to allow you to see the parts that are off screen?

Albino

Albino

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Sorry guys, I found the problem, it was set to Dual View mode, so there was a whole other space for another monitor to be. Sorry to waste your time.

Thanks again.