Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE6 Error Message continously pops up

• Please log in to reply

wmkcarolina

wmkcarolina

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The other day my internet explorer 6 (Windows XP SP1) no longer could find a connection. Then I began getting the IE pop up that occurs when IE has an error. They are occurring non-stop, even when I am not trying to get to IE6. Once my computer boots up, the error pops up. I click either Don't Send or Send error, it goes away then pops back up.

One way or the other, it is not able to access the internet which it had done fine earlier, and the messages keep coming. I uninstalled IE, it still occurred. I re-installed it, still no connection to the internet. I re-installed the modem drivers, still no connection and I am still getting the error. :whistling:

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Why have you not installed the SP2 updates? How did you uninstall IE6 and reinstall it? Can you connect to the Internet at all, or just not through IE6? Does the event viewer in Admin Tools have any clues/errors? Have you attempted a System Restore to a time before this problem occured? Any recent hardware/software changes?
Johanna