1) How do I create a boot drive with XP when one already exists on the computer?
2) Do I have to set the pin to primary or secondary drive? Will there be a conflict if the pin is set to secondary drive vs primary drive (with respect to XP boot up)?
3) How do I test the new drive and have the computer offer me a selection between booting up the 160GB drive vs the 500GB drive (so I can update the new drive's XP to the latest security patches)?
4) Can I still use my restoration disc that came with my computer or will XP installed on the 160GB drive trigger some anti-piracy warning and prevent XP updates?
5) Is it easier to use an external enclosure for all this?
I'll eventually give my 160GB HD to my nephew for storage backup once the 500GB proves to be reliable. But at this time, I need to know how to create the boot drive and back up my data using my current resources.
Edited by Curious D, 13 August 2007 - 12:57 PM.