Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media Player gets Error Oxc0000001d

• Please log in to reply

scottportraits

scottportraits

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

August 13, 2007

Hello Again,

I am having trouble playing some of the .avi movie files downloaded off the internet on Windows Media Player.
Get an error Oxc0000001d message....don't know what that is.

If it's virtual memory, I increased my paging file to twice my RAM. If it's a component of Windows Media Player, or a plug-in, I am in the dark here because the updater says I have the complete player. A little DivX icon appears in the tray trying to open these files. Maybe there's other add-ons I need to play some of these movies....they also fail to play on my DivX player, too.
Should I uninstall and re-install the media players ??

- Scottportraits

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Do you want to double check that error message? Nothing shows up on it in Google.

scottportraits

scottportraits

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
Aug 14 '07

Then it must be Oxc000000ld, with a lower-case 'L', not a '1' (one).

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Oxc000000ld isn't a valid error number so far as Media Player goes.

So all I can suggest is if you're not running the latest Media Player 11, then upgrade to it from the Windows Update site. Usually upgrades fix issues with Media Player.