Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Repair .Net Framework 2

• Please log in to reply

grandpa

grandpa

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts
Hi,

I am having a prob with .NET Framework 2, its corrupt and I'm trying to repair it.

Microsoft say to do the following

"1. Obtain the original installation source. For example, if you installed the .NET Framework from a CD-ROM or from a DVD, insert that disc. If you downloaded the .NET Framework , download the .NET Framework again. Make sure that you click save to disk. If you installed the .NET Framework from a network share, reconnect to that share.
2. Click Start, click Run, type the following command, and then click OK:
N:\dotnetframework\dotnetfx.exe /t:c:\temp /c:"msiexec.exe /i c:\temp\netfx.msi REINSTALL=ALL ReinstallMODE=vomus"
Note Replace N:\ in this command syntax with the original installation path.

Important If you do not have a C:\temp folder on your computer, create one before you run this command.
The Microsoft Windows Installer will verify and repair the .NET Framework installation."

Ive opened created a temp file in My Computer C drive, placed the downloaded dotnetfx on the desktop, but when I go to "run"I have typed in

C:\Documents and settings\owner\desktop\dotnetframework\dotnetfx.exe /t:c:\temp /c:"msiexec.exe /i c:\temp\netfx.msi REINSTALL=ALL ReinstallMODE=vomus"
I get a message that "Windows can not find C:\Documents ............"

What do I need to do, any help would be appreciated.

The cause for the corruption was, that I downloaded Visual Web Devloper 2008, then decided I didn't need it, so uninstalled it thru Add/Remove. Then the probs started. So I Goggled and found that the .Net Framework needed repairing.

Ive also tried to repair thru the installer, but get a message along the lines, the patch package could not be opened. verify that the patch package exists

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Grandpa

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Go into Add/Remove Programs, select Net Framework 2, go to uninstall it, there's a repair option there.