Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer will not let me use 360Share Pro....

• Please log in to reply

Aileen Delahunty

Aileen Delahunty

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
You might see by other topics I started last year that I am a complete 'DUMMY' with computers, but you have helped me greatly and I'm back again for more.
I have 360Share Pro on my computer and the kids find it great to download music, as I do myself, but yesterday when I tried to download, it was prompting that I had no IP or a firewall was blocking it.... I tried to 'fiddle' with a few things but to no avail. (Note... no big computer terms here, don't understand them.)
I have Norton Internet Security as my 'thing' and Windows xp is the other 'thing'.

Also, while I am here, I find that my computer is quiet slow in starting up, sounds like there are a million mice spinning cogs in there all going frantic, when it should be smooth and almost instant.
Could something be going on there, do I need all these 'mice'.

Thanks in anticipation,
Aileen. :whistling:

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
We do not assist with software which allows you to download music and movies illegally from other users (the fact that you paid for it doesn't make it legal).
As for your poor slow startup problem, the main culprit is Norton Internet Security. It's infamous for being way too heavy on system resources, and it isn't even all that good at detecting viruses. Get rid of it then buy something better (and that means any competing product). I use 'BitDefender Internet Security', low on resources and high on performance. You'll notice a faster startup immediately.
http://www.bitdefender.co.uk

Edited by pip22, 14 August 2007 - 11:29 AM.