Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp pro

• Please log in to reply

frustrated101

frustrated101

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I am new here so I hope I am doing this right. I am running windows xp pro and i get the message of unmountable boot volume I am not sure exactly what my system is it was put together by a friend,it was running fine did adaware scan for the night was using it then shut it down and now it won't start. I have tried to start in all safe modes also where it says for debugging and where it says to enable boot logging but nothing is working. Have cd but it won't let me do anything keeps going to blue screen that says unmountable boot volume. Was told by someone to try going into dos and doing the repair with cd but don't remember how to get into dos. Can anyone help.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
If you have a 'proper' Microsoft Windows XP' CD you can boot from (ie not merely a proprietary recovery disc) then this may help:
http://www.computerh...es/ch000630.htm